Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm still alive!

I bought the new Metallica album on Friday when it came out. It's called Death Magnetic. It's really quite good. It's kind of a mixture of the best qualities of their music from the 80s and 90s put together making for an incredible album. I'm very happy with my purchase, especially since Wal-Mart had it for less than iTunes, which usually doesn't happen. I was pleasantly surprised because the price tag said that it was $13.88, which isn't bad for a CD, but is still more expensive than downloading it from iTunes. Then when I checked out, it came to $9.35. I'd saved a good 4 dollars. It was spectacular.

I didn't get much sleep Saturday night. I had to stay up and read part of Barack Obama's book, The Audacity of Hope, for my Presidential election class because I wouldn't have time to do so on Sunday because I went to the VA Scottish Games and Festival with my Mom, sister, aunt, uncle and cousin. It was a lot of fun. It was really hot out, but there was plenty of shade, and a pretty steady breeze, so it didn't get that bad. There were some really cool vendors. One was selling high quality kilts made in Scotland, one in the USA tartan and another in an ambiguous tartan that had the Rampant Lion incorporated in the pleats in the back. It was really cool, but also $425, just a little out of my price range. Too bad, I would have loved to buy it.

I'm starting to feel a bit homesick. I think I know why too. I live close enough to go home quite often, so I take advantage of that (not often, but I have been home for at least a couple hours every weekend since I started). It's making me stronger though, I know that. Because I'll have to live completely independent of my parents eventually, and so it's good to, for lack of a better term, ween myself off of independence from them now. I'm getting a campus job, so that will help with my independence as well. Hopefully I'll stop regretting living on campus every time I leave my house. Although I have to say it's hard when my sister says, "No, you can't leave, I miss you too much." I think she's having a harder time with the adjustment than I am. I pray that God will help us get through this difficult time, and make it easier. I know he will answer my prayer.

1 comment:

  1. "I'd saved a good 4 dollars. It was spectacular." I LOVE it when that happens. I typically find that the case at Borders since I have their Rewards card...if something's discounted for Rewards members, I don't know until I get to the register and then it's like Christmas coming early. =D "What? I thought that CD was $11.99? It's $3.65? YESSS!"

    Coming from a commuter, I can't really say, "Oh yeah, I got over that, you'll be fine." But with God, all things are possible. =) I'll be praying for you, too.

    ReplyDelete