I just got back from watching the Presidential debate at Purcell Hall. It was great. I think John McCain did a great job. If I didn't know any better, I'd say he'd spent the past 3 days preparing for it. McCain was on the offensive all night, and Obama couldn't do anything except for be on the defensive. McCain really knew his stuff, and Obama was still skating around the questions. Unfortunately, most of the young vote is uneducated in politics, and is going to vote for Obama because he isn't a Republican, not because they actually know he will do well. I'll probably be venting my frustrations on this topic. Barack Obama wouldn't have come even close to getting the Democratic nomination if he'd been white. Now, I'm not racist, but let's be honest, a white person with Barack Obama's experience wouldn't have done as well as Joe Biden in the primaries. I'll get off this topic now before I really start offending people by becoming completely politically incorrect.
I'm so glad that it's the weekend. I really need to get some time to sleep in. It will really do me good. I've got to go to my job at the Phonathon on Sunday though. I was trying to give someone my shift, because I have a Venture Crew (co-ed 14-20 yr old section of the BSA) meeting to go to. I guess I'll just have to show up late. They won't mind, the actual meeting won't start until I get there, they'll be having a cookout/pool party before. I'm still sad though, because I'd really like to just hang out with them, instead of being the guy who just shows up for the business part.
I can't attend the first Honors Discussion dinner, again, because of work. It sounds really interesting, it's about the problem of evil in recent films. Focusing on The Dark Knight and No Country For Old Men. It's so disappointing that I have to miss it. It would be extremely interesting to get the takes of other Honors students on this topic. I also really loved The Dark Knight, so a discussion about it would really be enjoyable. I guess I'll just have to settle with watching it over the Halloween weekend. I'll probably watch it at least 3 times. It is such an excellent movie.
Friday, September 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment