Thursday, September 11, 2008

Why am I so tired every morning?

I have no idea, it's somewhat annoying actually. If I don't take a shower, it's impossible for me to become alert, but I'm so tired, I don't want to get up to take a shower. It's a lose-lose situation. Especially because I don't want to get addicted to caffeine drinks (coffee or energy drinks). I guess I'll just have to keep prying myself up in the morning to go take a shower. Otherwise I'll start falling asleep in my first class of the day. Which would not be good.

I'm going to the Maryland Renaissance Festival this Saturday with a friend of mine from camp. We were trying to get more people, but with everyone away at college, it's harder to get together and do things. I love the RennFest. It's so much fun. I like watching all the strange people who dress up in historically inaccurate costumes. Why can't people realize that there WERE NOT pirates during the Renaissance? Or at least not Jack Sparrow-esqe pirates. The creative anachronism is quite funny. This weekend is Scottish weekend. It's going to be so much fun. Albannach will be there. They are a really cool Scottish band that plays the bagpipes and drums. They are able to take traditional instruments and fuse traditional sounds with their own unique sound. I'm so pumped, I've never seen them in person, but my mom and my sister did, and they bought me a CD, and I've wanted to see them ever since.

I went to the first History Club meeting today. It is going to be a lot of fun. I was able to input some good suggestions for trips and for movies we'll watch as a club, then discuss. I suggested Williamsburg and Harpers Ferry for trips. I love those places, they are so much fun to visit. I also suggested The Seven Samurai and The Kingdom of Heaven for movies to watch. Both are extremely good. I hope we get to watch The Seven Samurai though. I really enjoyed it when I watched it last year in Film Studies, and I know I'll understand it more when I see it again. It is a movie made in the 1950s in Japan about a hodge-podge group of Samurai going to help out a village that was being attacked by a group of bandits. It's a compelling story, and after a while, you don't even notice that you are reading subtitles.

No comments:

Post a Comment