I don't know. I went to the "Passions and Professions" talk with Johnny Hi-Fi this evening. They told us that you should pursue your passions, but make sure you have a profession that allows you to do so comfortably. That made sense to me, but then I started thinking. Do I have a passion? I don't really know. Sure, I love history, and I love to read, but would I really mind so much if I couldn't do those things again? Would it hurt to not be able to practice those things? I don't think so. They described the difference between a "hobby" and a "passion" and basically what the difference is, is that a hobby is something you do, but it isn't something that would be hard to give up, and a passion is something that you love to do, and if you couldn't do it, it would cause you to suffer, emotionally or physically. Like I said before, I don't think I have a passion. I might, I just haven't discovered that it is a passion yet. I'll have to keep searching.
I'm not going to the Renaissance Festival tomorrow. Not enough people could go, so everyone decided that we'd try to go another weekend. I hope it happens. If it doesn't, I'll go to the RennFest with my family at some point. So because I'm not going to RennFest tomorrow I'm going to go to the VA Highland Games on Sunday with my mom and sister. Tomorrow I'm going to do all of my homework, and then in the evening I'm going to go to the comedian that is coming to campus. I love stand up comedy. It can be so creative. In fact, I'm watching Friday Night Stand Up on Comedy Central right now. Chris Rock is such a great comedian.
I watched The Godfather the other day. What a great movie. Francis Ford Coppola is such a great director. Not to mention the great acting from Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, and Robert Duvall. I think I'm going to watch The Godfather, Part II tomorrow, or maybe even tonight if I can stay up late enough. I love Francis Ford Coppola. Not only is he the mastermind behind The Godfather Trilogy, but he also directed Apocalypse Now. That is a great movie. It also has Marlon Brando in it. Brando plays a fictional Army Colonel, Walter Kurtz, during the Vietnam War who goes crazy and thinks he is a messiah, and he is able to convert his regiment and some locals to his new "religion". The main character Captain Willard, played by Martin Sheen, is sent to find and kill Kurtz. I won't go into more detail than this, but let's just say this is the movie where the famous line, "The horror.....the horror" comes from.
Friday, September 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment