It was a fun semester, I cannot lie. I love college and I can't wait to go back to school. Although, at the same time, I'm really happy to have a break. Non-stop school is tiring. I wish my professors would send me lists of the books I will need next semester. I'd like to get my book buying out of the way so I can stop worrying about it. However I guess I'll just have to wait, because there is nothing I can do about it.
I wish I could have a bit more time off. I would like to be able to see all of my friends without having to rush through everything. It's hardly relaxing when I have to wake up early just so I can see my friends before I go back to school in 2 weeks. Alas, what can be done? Nothing I fear, unless I wish to not see my friends for another 4 months or so.
Lately, people have been making fun of the way I speak. I'm not sure why. Perhaps I've started to speak how I write, in educated proper English. I must admit, I do speak in very educated tones. However, I felt that I did that before, instead of it being a recent alteration in my speaking habits. In addition to the fun making at my speech, I've also been recently made fun of my my uncle, in regards to the way I write text messages. Apparently proper grammar and spelling is frowned upon in the texting community. Mind you, this is the uncle who is also a teacher. A teacher who gets papers saying things like, "George Washington wnt 2 Vally Forge..." So you would think that he would be against the "texting lingo" as it were. Nope, once again, I'm behind on the times, but I tell you, this is one thing I will not budge to. I refuse to change my ways in order to reduce the characters in my text. If a person is too lazy to read through it, they probably aren't a friend who I would want to converse with anyway.
And not that my rant is over, I shall bid thee adieu, for I am in need of that wonderful Norwegian snack, a lefse.
Monday, December 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

"lefse"? pray tell what this is...for some reason it projects the image of "lembas" when i think of it. :P
ReplyDeleteI get made fun of too because I don't abbreviate in text messages and usually try to use correct capitalization and punctuation. *sigh* What can I say? You are not alone.
ReplyDelete