Friday, August 29, 2008

Interesting...

I was told yesterday that two good friends of mine are now dating. Normally, I would be really excited about this. But, I'm not. I know how it's going to turn out. And it won't be good. Both people are nice, and smart, but I don't think that their personalities mesh. I'm worried that when (not if) they break up that I'll have to choose which one I'll want to remain friends with. And I don't like the thought of that at all. But if I try to tell them that I think that they are bad for each other, I'll probably lose both friends, which is even more unbearable. Fortunately, they are from different friend circles, so I probably won't have to really lose either one as a friend. I really don't know what to do. I guess I'll just have to wait it out and see what happens. Hopefully I'll be wrong and if the break up at all, it'll be because it they knew that they were better as friends.

I was told by my Freshmen Seminar teacher that I shouldn't go home or visit my family at all for the first 3 weeks of college. Although it does seem like good advice for most people, I don't think it is the same for me. I already know how to get along without my family for an extended period of time. Going off to work at summer camp for the past 4 years has prepared me for the real world, or at least the college world. The reason I bring this up, is because I'm going "camping" with my family this weekend. We are going to Goshen Family Camp, I'll be working on staff, and my parents will be cooking for the staff. I'm really excited, because I love going down to Goshen, no matter when it is. It always seems much more special when I go down during the offseason though. I'm not sure why.

Before I leave for family camp though, I'm going to go back and visit some of my teachers from high school. After my German class today, I'm leaving right away so I can get there before everyone has left, in hopes of seeing some of my high school friends too. I'm also going to be introducing my sister (a freshmen) to the academic team advisor so she can get involved, and because it's good to know more than just the teachers that you have, because it's always good to have someone in your corner looking out for you. I think my sister will do good in high school. She was nervous the weeks leading up to it, not only because she'd be going to high school, but also because I wouldn't be there to help her out if she needed it. It'll be good for her to know that I'm not that far away if she ever really needs me.

Well, I think I'm going to wrap this up, because I'm getting hungry, and I want to go to lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment