I've been getting ready to go to college for the past couple of weeks. I'm starting to get excited. I'm glad I decided to go with living on campus, because I'd hate to have to commute. It just wouldn't be the same. I've talked to my roommate, he seems like he's a pretty cool guy. He's an Eagle Scout, and he loves the outdoors.
We'll probably get along great. I hope we do. What I am most excited for is getting my laptop. At the Mount, they have this laptop ownership program where they buy a bajillion (yes, that is a real number) computers from Dell, then sell them to us at a greatly discounted price. We also get printers with the deal. But because this is how I got my computer, I have to wait until I move in to actually receive my laptop. So until Sunday, I must continue to share a computer with my sister. Oh well, it's only a few more days. Look, over there. Yeah, right there, on the left of your screen, that's what my laptop looks like. I has a built in webcam. That's one of the things I'm really looking forward to. Talking to my friends, face to face, from a bajillion miles away.
We'll probably get along great. I hope we do. What I am most excited for is getting my laptop. At the Mount, they have this laptop ownership program where they buy a bajillion (yes, that is a real number) computers from Dell, then sell them to us at a greatly discounted price. We also get printers with the deal. But because this is how I got my computer, I have to wait until I move in to actually receive my laptop. So until Sunday, I must continue to share a computer with my sister. Oh well, it's only a few more days. Look, over there. Yeah, right there, on the left of your screen, that's what my laptop looks like. I has a built in webcam. That's one of the things I'm really looking forward to. Talking to my friends, face to face, from a bajillion miles away.I am really liking this new bloging website. It makes things much easier. Xanga was a little annoying if I do say so myself. Which I do. So, HA!
I had a really good day today. I went to lunch at Panera with a few of my really good friends from church; Pat, Katherine, and JP. I haven't gotten to see them since June, so it was really great catching up one last time before Pat and I left for college. We reminisced about the Mission Trip we went on last summer, and about how Katherine would be all by her lonesome with the new upcoming freshmen (scary thought, my sister is one). That's one thing that I'll miss. Going to Youth Group on Sunday mornings. We always had so much fun. I'll try to make it to Youth Group every now and then, but I know for sure I won't be able to do it every Sunday. It would just eat up too much gas (not to mention sleep time).
I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I'm going to go down to Montgomery County, and hang out with some of my friends from Camp PMI one last time before we all leave for college. It's really cool that there are so many of us from that age group, we get to experience the same types of things at the same general time. I'll be sure to tell you of our adventures tomorrow evening when I get the chance to blog once more.
Good night all. I'd write more, but seeing as I share a computer (my sister is kicking me off), I don't have the privelege of writing a really long blog.
-The Kilted Scholar

No comments:
Post a Comment