Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I wanted to be asleep by now, but, this is more interesting...

So this summer I'm going to be a Commissioner at Camp Olmsted located on the beautiful Goshen Scout Reservation in Goshen, VA. Being a commissioner, and for that matter, being at camp at all, requires me to carry around lots of things. A water-bottle, a first aid kit, a radio/cell phone (I'm not sure if I'll have a radio, but I'll more than likely carry my cell phone, it comes with the importance of the job), a multi-tool, a flashlight, a notebook, writing utensils, sunscreen, etc.

A normal person would use a backpack. I on the other hand, am not normal, and I really like cool stuff. So what I've decided to do is get a tactical MOLLE belt so I can carry around all my stuff like the guys in the military do (just with a belt instead the huge-giant vest). Now, I already have a military-style belt, just without the MOLLE style attachment system, so what I'm doing, is getting this:
Once I have the rig, I'll need the pieces to go along with it. To carry my wallet, radio/cell phone, notebook and writing utensils, I will get this:
Then, for the first aid kit and sunscreen (they belong together), I'm going to get this:For the flashlight, the multi-tool and other things that I can't think of right now, I'll get this:And I'm not sure how I'm going to carry my water-bottle, if I'm going to just have it in my hands or if I'll also attach it to the belt, but if I go with the second option, I'll get this:The belt sleeve will be black, I know that for sure, but I haven't decided if I want all the other things to also be in black, or if I want them to be the modern Army digital camouflage like the last two pictures. I'm leaning towards the Army camouflage so that I can add hook-and-loop embroidered name tags like the military uses.

Of course, all of this together will cost over $150, so I should start saving. And yes, I know it would make much more sense to just stick with a backpack.

But, in the immortal words of Anonymous, "What would the fun be in that?"

No comments:

Post a Comment